Monday 1 June 2015



Spring/Summer Looks

My goal in photographs is always to look nothing like myself! You know someone has taken a decent photo of you when even your own father doesn’t recognise you (as was the case with several of these photos) so first and foremost a huge thank you to my girlies who snapped these shots during our getaway in the ever stunning Courtmacsherry!



With the summer months upon us, I felt my wardrobe was in need of a mini update, so predictably off I trotted to Penneys. My first look is head to toe Penneys finest! It’s a little out of my comfort zone, but it’s always fun to experiment with clothes. Worst comes to worst, just untag the grim Facebook photos and move on! Like the penguins in Madagascar would say, “You didn’t see anything!” Anyway, back to business, here I’m wearing a black bralet with lace detailing, cream high waisted culottes, cat-eye sunnies and chunky heels from a few months back. With both I sized down as the bralet is elasticated and the culottes sit quite high up on the torso. I think this outfit would be perfect as an evening look on holidays, with maybe a leather jacket thrown over it. It’s really simple and comfortable to wear, which is always the most important thing. I paired it with a berry lip and similar nails to introduce a little colour.




Here are the details: Bralet: €3.50 Culottes: €17 Sunnies: €3




I love this second look because the t-shirt I’m wearing was designed by one my closest freundlings, Alice Coleman. It features a ballpoint pen drawing of a polaroid camera printed on an American Apparel t-shirt. I absolutely adore it as it reflects my affinity for photography and all things old fashioned :) Under the name One Curious Chip, she sells through a company called Society Six. My bias aside, her designs are genuinely next level. They seem so unique and innovative, yet retain a charming old-school characteristic. She has an array of designs available and sells both canvas prints and apparel. The site also does free shipping quite frequently, so look out for that! Sticking with the retro vibe, I paired the t-shirt with high waisted light wash denims that are slightly mom style. This would make a cool casual look, but if you wanted to dress it up a little, you could throw on a duster coat and some shoe boots as I’ve done here.


T-Shirt  $22 (€20) Duster Coat (Penneys): €15 Shoes (Timberland): €116



 I love a good pinafore dress and this one from Topshop is really comfortable to wear and an easy colour to pair different things with. There’s something slightly Alexa Chungish and old-school feeling to a pinafore dress, two things which are always ok in my book! Underneath it, I put the same t-shirt as featured above and threw on my faithful Timberland shoe boots. They’re part of the Earthkeeper range, a philosophy for which I have the upmost respect for. What it means is that the shoe is partly composed of recycled material. The outsole, for example is made of 15% recycled rubber and the mesh lining on the inside of the shoe as well as the laces are made from recycled PET (the stuff plastic bottles are made of). As well as this, they are very comfortable to wear (I walk the legs off myself in them!) due to the natural shock absorbing qualities of the rubber and the padded collar around the ankle. I’m wearing last season’s model, in the black colour but the Spring/Summer version is a gorgeous tan colour, which equally I adore! At the moment, they are 20% off* on the Irish website, down from €145 to €116, so do check them out if you are interested.
(*correct at time of publication 01/06/15)


Pinafore Dress (Topshop): £36/€50 Shoes (Timberland): €116



The last look is very simple, but perfect for a beach trip. It features a white crop top from Penneys and some really lightweight, comfortable shorts with a paperbag waist. I sized up with the shorts as I always think it looks more flattering if there is a good deal of space around the legs. They have a tie around the waist to adjust accordingly. I paired the look with a bright red look to add a little colour and tried not to grimace in the photo because the water was SO cold!
Crop top (Penneys): €3 Shorts (Penneys): €11

I do hope you have enjoyed my very first blog post, thank you for giving it a little read! Until next week,

Amy. x

No comments:

Post a Comment