Sunday 19 July 2015

 
 
Three Ways to Style a Maxi Skirt
 
 
 
So recently I did something remarkably brave in my books.....I risked wearing a maxi skirt despite being somewhat vertically challenged! I've loved maxi skirts for ages and purchased one from Boohoo last year but never wore it. I always thought you had to be a 5'9 Glamazonian to pull one off, or risk looking Amish. I think if you're on the shorter side, it's better to wear a maxi skirt on your waist rather than on your hips, to elongate your legs and make you appear taller. I particularly love this one from Boohoo for €11 because it's really comfortable to wear and the contrasting waistband is quite flattering. I have it in grey, but it comes in a variety of colours :) Have a look here. I don't claim to be particularly fashionable at all, but here are three ways I've styled mine over the past few weeks.
 
Look #1
 

 
Top-Topshop Skirt-Boohoo Sunglasses-Penneys
 
Here I've styled the maxi skirt down, pairing it with a simple scalloped tee from Topshop and a pair of Converse. I love Topshop basics because they're always made of really comfortable fabrics and look effortlessly cool. I also think one of those contrasting varsity style t-shirts with the contrasting piping at the collar and sleeves would be really cool with this look :)
 
Look  #2
 

 
Top-Topshop Skirt-Boohoo Heels-Penneys
 
To dress the skirt up, I've teamed it with some peep toe orange sandals and a plain string crop top, again from Topshop. I wore all gold jewellery, with a statement bangle and a dainty necklace. Especially when worn with a tan, this look has a kind of a tropical feel to it, even if you're only in Costa Del Cork ;)
 
Look #3
 
Top-River Island Skirt-Boohoo
 
For more of a sophisticated oh you think you fancy look try adding a delicate blouse, a red lip and a soft up-do. This outfit was inspired by the ever flawless Emma Watson, as she wore something very similar to an event last year:
 
 
 
That's all for this week, thank you for reading and I do hope you enjoyed. Until next Monday,
 
Amy.x




No comments:

Post a Comment