Friday 1 July 2016

 
 
Summer Is Coming
 
 
 
Game of Thrones pun aside, with the change of season, I have added a few new pieces to my wardrobe of late (cheap and cheerful as per!) and I just wanted to share and maybe give you some inspiration to spruce up your threads for the sunnier months. It's amazing sometimes how a few new additions can make all the difference and help to create a host of different combinations with existing items in your wardrobe. On my summer wish list were 1) A light knit, 2) A Bardot top, 3) A pair of brogues and 4) A summer dress, all of which came in handy during my glamorous staycation in Courtmac last week!
 
I picked up this crotchet style cream knit in the Topshop sale lately and find it perfect for layering. It's lightweight enough for Summer, yet still substantial enough to keep you warm in the chilly evenings. A baggy fit and a slouchy neckline makes it all the more comfy too. I styled it with a pair of ripped jeans from Only (softest things ever, by the way!) and my faithful Stan Smiths.
 
 



 
 


 
 
 
 
Next up is a really pretty Bardot top I picked up in Zara recently. This has been a great little transitional piece for me as it looks great with flats and a simple pair of jeans, or dressed up with a pair of heels and a chocker. The pale blue shade looks really crisp and summery and even better with a bit of a faux glow ;) My exact one seems to be out of stock on the Zara website, but I have linked similar here. Plenty of stores doing lovely versions of a classic piece.
 



 
Finally is a dress I picked up from Penneys. It's a really pretty dusty pink shade with lace cut outs and a frill overlay at the bust (very Downton Abbey-esque!) The dress comes with a slip and flows really nicely, well worth the €17 I paid! I paired it with a gorgeous pair of brogues I picked up in Clarkes recently. The Mahon shop had only one pair of 4.5's left, so really it was fate! They make me feel like I should either be the most stylish granny on the block or like I should be in Made in Chelsea....let's hope for the latter!



 


 
 
That's all folks! Hope everyone is having a lovely summer and, as always, thanks for the read.
 
Love,
Amy.x

No comments:

Post a Comment